angeline's page

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dance, dance, we're falling apart...

The song by Fall Out Boy keeps ringing in my head.."Dance, dance, we're falling apart..." (I have no idea what are the rest of the lyrics). Coincidentally enough, that's exactly how i felt when I woke up on Monday morning. My bones literally felt like they were falling apart due to dance practice we had on Sunday afternoon.
PCC is again this year having our Easter Outreach dance and drama presentation at Dewan Sri Pinang this coming 14th and 15th of April. And since this year I am not hampered with nightmarish thoughts of exams, I figured I could participate again after a few years' absence. Nevertheless, I do realise I am not as "young" as I used to be. Its probably due to that as well as lack of physical exercise that makes my bones and muscles ache after a whole afternoon of jumping around (okay, maybe i'm exaggerating :p)
Anyway, although I may not be perfect at it, I find it to be definitely liberating, a good stress reliever after a long week's work.
Nevertheless, I am constantly reminded that it is not merely a performance. We do not do it for praise or for self-satisfaction. Dance is an act of worship to God and He alone deserves all the glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home